Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  News Tunes  (Read 1040 times)

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
News Tunes
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »
I know a lot of the local stations do a variation on the here-is-a-news-story give-us-a-tune-to-go-with-it, I wonder did any of them do the dropping of the weapon of mass distraction which was Blair 'advised Brooks before arrest' story?

I wondered if Hutton Style was a take on the Gangnam?  Is there a merry dance that goes along with it?  Does Tony Blair have Hungry Eyes?

No doubt it's not a story most stations would touch with a barge pole, which is a shame.  But then musically they'd not be so geared up for it?  I thought of Liar by the Sex Pistols but settled on Brightons own Brakes.

You've got a blood on your conscience
You're bleeding out of every single one of your pores
Between the dusk and the dawn there's a lot of loss on your hands, sir

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: News Tunes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
Dear Darcy,

This is an incredibly important news story, and it has come from a court hearing and that means that there is pre justice issues involved with reporting.

And given that, it cannot be discussed easily.

However, just as a comment, I have to say that I am sure that I am not alone in being disgusted by Tony Blair's assistance to News International at a time when the very integrity of politics, the police and the press were in serious doubt, following the revelation of the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone. I think the nation was in shock.

For Blair to advise Brooks to hold a Hutton like Inquiry(basically he is saying engage a cover up) and make sure that you have a good judge(ie a person who will be on your side) and then sort of clear you. And then he gives examples of how this should be released to impact on police inquiries is very telling.

Tony Blair and Alaistair Campbell, clearly have no guilt about the death of David Kelly, and have sold their souls for the purpose of their reputations. One thing Blair said to Brooks was very true and that is that sleeping pills are required for those who should be unable to sleep at night.

Blair needs to face his past. Is anyone going to wake up Chilcott? who has nodded off again.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter