Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Jonathan Ross and Russel Brand.  (Read 1905 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Jonathan Ross and Russel Brand.
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:05:40 AM »
There is no doubt in my mind that the Jonathan Ross Show on Saturday mornings on R2 was brilliant and very funny and introduced and played wonderful music. Jonathan also talked about his family and his family life with lol humour. I miss it.

Then he joined Russell Brand one evening and they decided to leave some answer phone messages for Andrew Sachs about his grand daughter, I believed at the time, the press reports that said that both Ross and Brand had apologised and that even though they were told not to they had said sorry, I guessed privately? and the apologies had been accepted.

It seems that they did not do that. And reading the book that Andrew Sachs has now written, it is clear that the family have been torn apart and Russell and Ross are responsible. I hope they can live with that.

My reason for posting this is because Ross  and his wife Jane Goodman are now defending their daughter, which is right and admirable, on Twitter, but Ross has to realise that what he said about another daughter and grandaughter was very damaging.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jonathan-rosss-wife-jane-goldman-quits-twitter-after-online-abuse-9170364.html

Background. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Russell_Brand_Show_prank_telephone_calls_row

mel

• View Profile
Re: Jonathan Ross and Russel Brand.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »
Hello Tiger.

If at the time anyone thought this was "Good Radio" they must have been from another planet.

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:36:55 AM »
Thankyou Mel for posting this,

Yes, it is truly horrible and they tore apart a family.

They were also responsible for massive compliance on BBC radio, which has inhibited creativity and edge, very bad news all round.

But they will continue, without guilt I suppose.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:38:26 AM by Tiger »

Northoftheborder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »
Radio Two have decided to offer Jonathan Ross another chance at the end of the month, according to this press release:

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/08/jonathan-ross-to-go-back-on-air-at-radio-2/

Coming hard on the heels of news that Richard Allinson's about to lose his last two regular slots in the Radio Two schedule, isn't this a curious turn of events, wouldn't you say? Not sure if JR's ever covered any Steve Wright shows before, can anyone confirm this?

Funny thing is, Richard has often covered one-off R2 afternoon shows, either when SW has had a planned day off, or on the odd unplanned occasion, when he's been unwell. But it's strange that - despite his obvious popularity with many of their core audience - Radio Two have always seemed reluctant to offer Richard Allinson many whole weeks of deputising on this show.

I'm sure I read somewhere else how, after recently he recently deputised for a whole week on Chris Evans' Breakfast Show, Chris himself was moved to remark how good super-sub Richard had been! I'm with you too on that, Chris - but it should be an interesting exercise for other Forum members to review JR's performance, don't you think?

If the prospect of Jonathan Ross returning to national BBC radio doesn't appeal to those who "love your show Steve", then maybe you could check out James Watt on BBC Radio Stoke, from 1:00 to 4:00pm. If you can manage a whole week of that, well done...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter