Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  PM programme and Bob Crow  (Read 1185 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
PM programme and Bob Crow
« on: March 11, 2014, 05:45:07 PM »
Yesterday PM broadcast a very interesting and engaging episode of Betty Milligan's lunch with series. Yesterday it was Bob Crow. It was facinating and lively and now rather shocking to remember.

PM are going to broadcast it again tonite.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03xdk8q

Some are even saying that following the broadcast, the fallout in the Daily Mail may have contributed to Mr Crow's early death. And Ken Livingstone has said today that the constant press hounding of Mr Crow may have been a factor

http://order-order.com/2014/03/11/did-the-daily-mail-kill-bob-crow/

Whatever, the case ,I would recommend listening to this broadcast, possibly one of the last that Mr Crow gave. I do not think he would have been too unhappy for this charming lunchtime chat to have been his last word.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:04:11 AM by Tiger »

mel

• View Profile
Re: PM programme and Bob Crow
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:14:08 PM »
Hello Tiger,

No one will know what contributed to his untimely death. All I know is that I was shocked when I heard of his passing.

He stood up for those he represented and brought about many good changes for his members. Its a great shame we haven't got more people like that.

He had some very strong views on certain things and wasn't nervous to air them. He fought for the less fortunate in society and that's good.

My condolences to his family. 

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »
I agree Mel.

Politics and London have lost a powerful voice.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »
Hello Tiger,

No one will know what contributed to his untimely death. All I know is that I was shocked when I heard of his passing.

He stood up for those he represented and brought about many good changes for his members. Its a great shame we haven't got more people like that.

He had some very strong views on certain things and wasn't nervous to air them. He fought for the less fortunate in society and that's good.

My condolences to his family.

Agreed Mel and thank you for the thread Tiger, I managed to hear the repeat this evening, a measure of the man you heard him thanking the waiting staff in the middle of the interview.  Very sad, hope someone will fill his shoes with as much grace and grit.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter