Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  BBC Trust will withold public money to Jeremy Hunt's local TV plan.  (Read 979 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
In fact the headline is even more damning.

This comes as no suprise at all. It was always going to fail and I am sure Murdoch is distancing himself from Hunt as I type this. Worst thing is that Mark Thompson, during the covert last licence fee settlement agreed with Hunt that public money that Thompson could spare from his vast personal pockets would be given. And guess what Michael Lyons chair of the BBC Trust approved it and then resigned and then very quickly got himself in place as  a major player in commercial local TV. Their integrity and grasp of media matters continues to depress but not surprise!

This is the article from Neil Midgley Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/25/local-tv-london-live-bbc-funding-stefano-hatfield

It seems that the sleepy overstaffed BBC Trust has woken up over this, about time too and that is only because they have been forced to do so.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter