Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  BBC warned that licence fee will be gone in 2 years! I hope the public are happy  (Read 1405 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
John Whittingdale, has issued this warning from his powerful position as head of the DCMS committee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630893/Licence-fee-outdated-gone-little-TWO-years-BBC-bosses-warned.htm

I really hope the public can grasp the meaning of this political bullying?

Do we really mind that much ,paying our licence fee? Because in return for that we have a public service broadcaster that is accountable to the public it serves and is able to hold those like Whittingdale to account. If the fee is abolished that power that the BBC has will be damaged forever. And democracy will suffer.

I am clipping a public comment from the article that sums up the reality.

"So the majority of you will be happy with another channel like ITV with loads of adverts and dumbed down programs , because that is the alternative, well I would not be happy"

I know the terrible management of the BBC in the last few years has almost destroyed public trust. But these were greedy people with no ethos or integrity and Mark Thompson is now the problem for the NYT, Mark Byford is retired on his huge nest payed for by the public , twits like Lucy Adams are damaging other institutions and Zarin Patel is busy counting her shoes. It has been an awful time for Auntie , she has been abused by those who should have cared for her.

But that must not mean that she is destroyed by the awful people who were in charge. She needs to be protected from those with agendas who want to destroy her.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
John Whittingdale, has issued this warning from his powerful position as head of the DCMS committee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630893/Licence-fee-outdated-gone-little-TWO-years-BBC-bosses-warned.htm

I really hope the public can grasp the meaning of this political bullying?

Do we really mind that much ,paying our licence fee? Because in return for that we have a public service broadcaster that is accountable to the public it serves and is able to hold those like Whittingdale to account. If the fee is abolished that power that the BBC has will be damaged forever. And democracy will suffer.

I am clipping a public comment from the article that sums up the reality.

"So the majority of you will be happy with another channel like ITV with loads of adverts and dumbed down programs , because that is the alternative, well I would not be happy"

I know the terrible management of the BBC in the last few years has almost destroyed public trust. But these were greedy people with no ethos or integrity and Mark Thompson is now the problem for the NYT, Mark Byford is retired on his huge nest payed for by the public , twits like Lucy Adams are damaging other institutions and Zarin Patel is busy counting her shoes. It has been an awful time for Auntie , she has been abused by those who should have cared for her.

But that must not mean that she is destroyed by the awful people who were in charge. She needs to be protected from those with agendas who want to destroy her.

Hmm a 'private' meeting between Executives and Whittingdale?  Was this actually in parliament or in Whittingdale's own private hollowed-out volcano, or does it just seem that he's let his little bit of power go to his noggin?  Is this not a form of political interference? Whittingdale is supposed to be conducting a review into the future of the BBC and yet since Andrew Bridgen's proposal to decriminalise non payment of the licence fee, it seems less a review/inquiry, with Whittingdale more and more outspoken and threatening in opposition to existing funding.  Appears more and more to me like putting a slug in charge of looking after the lettuce.

And what are the executives up to allowing such meets to take place? 

The BBC doesn't belong to politicians or the executives it belongs to us all, something, unfortunately, previous executives forgot.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter