Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Victoria Derbyshire, Richard Bacon and Shelagh Fogarty leave BBC Radio 5 Live  (Read 2041 times)

Tiger

• View Profile

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10938057/Victoria-Derbyshire-Richard-Bacon-and-Shelagh-Fogarty-leave-BBC-Radio-5

I will miss Victoria especially. She gave a lovely little speech at the end of her show today.

A terrible shame but anyone who knows whats been going on at the local stations will recognise what taking three programmes and making them into 2 means.

Under the banner of Delivering Quality First, well who is better quality than Victoria?  Very sad but I hope she has something just as good in the pipeline.

Bacon can be infuriating and yet sometimes bafflingly brilliant at others - perhaps it's just the law of averages at work with him - and he has been increasingly pleased with the sound of his own voice recently, he chose to move on so goodluck to him.

Tiger

• View Profile
And what are they replaced with?

Well it seems nothing fresh or new or representative. Huge shame.

Seriously, Adrian Chiles? again...

Steve Hewlett on the Media Show talks to a rather sheepish Jonathan Wall, controller of 5Live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b047zrkx

It would be wrong to speculate that Victoria has been in talks with Ian Katz.....

I would prefer Ian Katz to be in talks with Victoria...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:07:25 AM by Tiger »

Tiger

• View Profile
Feedback on R4 also takes this up.

Many not happy with the loss of Shelagh. Quite rightly. Very amusing to hear one contributer a Mrs Plant saying that she so welcomed back the Radio Blokes even though she was a woman!

I can not see that this shake up is going to do anything other than lose listeners. And seriously , listeners are what keeps BBC Radio on air.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter