Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Jeremy Paxman V Ian Katz Newsnight.  (Read 1147 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Jeremy Paxman V Ian Katz Newsnight.
« on: September 14, 2014, 11:30:43 PM »
Ian Katz editor of Newsnight seems to want to critic Jeremy Paxman and even take the credit for sacking him. Seriously bad move of Katz to do that. Paxman was Newsnight show some respect!

Here is article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753801/Savaged-Rottweiler-Everything-I-suggested-Jeremy-Paxman-infantile-preposterous-claims-former-boss-Newsnight.html

And I love this comment on the article. Even if it was from someone in New Zealand!

"Well Mr Katz, one of you knew what he was talking about. Seeing Paxman has been around long enough, and learned enough, and made himself successful enough, it should be obvious even to a one-eyed left-wing would-be like yourself, that he knows enough about what he is talking about, and doing. If he said "infantile" and "preposterous" I would bet on it - after all, you do mostly come across that way anyway. Given what's happened since he left, it should be equally obvious that (a) he was right again, (quel surprise!), and (b) you weren't, haven't been, aren't likely to be, and should've stayed within your capabilities at your previous "sheltered workshop." Besides, some talented people can handle the transitions between print, radio and TV with aplomb. In my (sufficient and relevant) experience, most who try, can't. There are two constants in most fields of endeavour. 1. You can't teach, make, nor fake, talent. 2. You can't fix stupid. And in the Media, you can't hide."

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremy Paxman V Ian Katz Newsnight.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:54:20 PM »
Evan Davis takes over tonight.  Not sure getting David Cameron to do your PR is the wisest of moves though..

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter