Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Radio4 Controller will answer questions on BBCR4 Feedback  (Read 2046 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Radio4 Controller will answer questions on BBCR4 Feedback
« on: December 05, 2014, 08:30:24 PM »
Feedback http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04t6t62

Have promised that Gwyneth Williams will answer questions from listeners in 2 weeks time.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/organgrinder/2010/jul/15/gwyneth-williams-radio-4-profile

Contact Feedback
Contact us by post at:

Feedback
PO Box number 67234
London
SE1P 4AX

Or phone: 03 333 444 544

Or email using the form below.

If your message contains more than 1000 characters the programme can be emailed directly using the address feedback@bbc.co.uk

Unfortunately Feedback is unable to pass your correspondence on to other programmes. If you wish to contact a programme directly please use the contact option on the programme's web site or write to them at:

Programme Name
BBC Broadcasting House
London
W1A 1AA
Contact details
Email
feedback@bbc.co.uk
Phone
03 333 444 544
Twitter
@BBCR4Feedback

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Radio4 Controller will answer questions on BBCR4 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »
AND she did on Friday 19/12

main subjects.

The Archers serious concern about the new plot lines. Feedback will have the newish ed on in Feb to answer the serious concerns( In my view as an archers protectionist there is considerable justification for concern and a dangerous loss of credibility in some recent stories. If Brookside is sold and Dave and Ruth leave Ambridge I will probably leave too after over 20 years!)

Home Front taking away from You and Yours..hmmmm not sure that Gwyneth made anyone wiser or more comfortable with this?

Most important questions were about how the cuts are being applied to 4 . She said that all output is subject to cuts and the highest cuts ever applied to R4. Gwyneth denied that there was an agenda in place to dumb down to attract a younger more diverse democraphic, but listening to her answers I do not believe her.

Maybe just me.. please judge for yourself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04v66ng

And please do not forget that pesky little survey from the BBC Trust.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Re: Radio4 Controller will answer questions on BBCR4 Feedback
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »
I've no doubt that running Radio 4 is not an easy job and with any radio station you are not going to please all the people all of the time.  But who did Gwyneth Williams remind you of?  1970's Head Mistress?  Doctor's receptionist?  Lynda Snell?  Or a combination of all three?

Weelll yess it's so lovely that you've listened to the Archers for 40 years but that doesn't mean your ears are in anyway connected to your cerebral cortex...

I'm sure she did answer some questions from up on the pedestal she so obviously very enjoy's being on.. but I struggled to find them whilst trying to avoid being condescended on from such a height.

Cuts?  Did Face The Facts get a mention?  Nevermind, we have videos to accompany some radio programmes now, not to mention quite incessant amounts of twittering from some BBC Radio 4 accounts.

Interesting to see that Sheila Fogarty has just signed up for LBC, wonder why LBC didn't just fill part of their schedule with videos??

Jake Yapp got another play on Feedback the other week, is as much a playful dig and celebration at some of the output, worth sharing again, particularly like the Oxbridge Chronicles.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter