Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Chris Jefferies  (Read 883 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Chris Jefferies
« on: December 11, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »
This is not BBC or radio but whatever please try and watch it has changed things?

Dear Supporter

You may have seen the first part of Peter Morgans screenplay The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies on ITV last night (Wedenesday).  Perhaps you plan to watch the second part this evening?

I hope you enjoy it. Peter and the director Roger Michell have done an excellent job in capturing the essence of what happened and although it is not easy for me to watch, Jason Watkins in the lead role has clearly excelled in his performance.

As the film shows, it was my experiences in seeking to clear my reputation which led to my testifying at The Leveson inquiry and backing Hacked Offs campaign for fair and effective independent press self-regulation, to prevent what happened to me and to the McCann family and many others from happening again in the future.

If you are moved by watching the film and want to help please consider donating to Hacked Offs campaign to show a short advert (about the continuing failure of press regulation) in cinemas.

See the new advert here  - The password is 'LevesonNow'.

This exposes the fact that IPSO, the latest fake regulator set up by the tabloids and their allies, is no better than the old discredited PCC. 

The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies

See first part here on ITV player.

Final part will be shown at 9pm tonight on ITV.

With the kind help of Steve Coogan and his production company Babycow Ltd, this new 90 second film has been made to run in cinemas to tell the public that IPSO, the latest fake "regulator", is a sham. Now we just need your help to get it out there.

See the new advert here - before anyone else. The password is 'LevesonNow'.

If we can raise just a few thousand pounds more, we will then be able to ensure many more people watch it and can see clearly what the press are trying to get away with.

Donate here to get this message out in cinemas now.

Every 100 we raise means 800 more people see the advert. We have had generous early contributions which have got us half-way towards our target of 20,000.  So please help us get the message out by donating today.

Or if you dont use PayPal, do email us here and we will send you our bank details.

Cheques can be sent to Hacked Off Campaign, Millbank Tower, London, SW1P 4QP.

I am told that thanks to well-known individuals we have raised 13,000 already towards the 20,000 target.

Having met with IPSO, and being very disappointed with their set up, and their rejection of Leveson despite everything that the inquiry revealed, I very much hope that we can get this advert playing in cinemas across the land.  So please help if you can.

Thank you for your support.

Christopher Jefferies
Patron, Hacked Off 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter