Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Brand V Fararge : Question Time  (Read 1665 times)

mel

• View Profile
Brand V Fararge : Question Time
« on: December 12, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
Did anyone watch "Question Time" last night, with Russell Brand and Nigel Fararge on the panel.
Russell spoke in his normal eloquent way, someone who cares for those less fortunate than himself.
He spoke with understanding and openness and definitely not as a politician.
Farage just sat looking like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, (but we all know otherwise)
Then when Russell called Fararge a "Pound Shop Enoch Powell" I thought how brilliant Russell Brand is.

....................................  WATCH IT ON BBC I-PLAYER ........................................
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:33:19 AM by mel »

Rita

• View Profile
Re: Brand V Fararge : Question Time
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:50:32 AM »
I'm afraid I disagree with you Mel.  I thought the whole programme was a shambles from start to finish.  Obviously someone was allowed to be "planted" in the audience to cause trouble and as far as I'm concerned, it was shameful of the BBC to allow this to happen.  I was brought up to believe it is very rude to shout someone down before they can answer a question properly and David Dimbleby should have stopped the participants from doing this.  It is extremely bad mannered.  I don't even find Russell Brand funny at any level and I think the programme only gave a bad name to politics.  None of the parties are worth voting for, but I will vote for the one that puts curbs on the BBC to see that this does not happen again.  It brings the programme and the BBC into disrepute.  After what Brand and Ross did (and I don't have to go into that now) both should have been booted off the BBC never to return and not given any more work - because I object to paying for this rubbish.  At least Ross did the honourable thing and got out.

mel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 12:47:26 PM »
Hi Rita. I understand where your coming from. Just like yourself Russell`s comedy has never been something Ive liked.
Also his silly antics on " that radio show"  was way over the top and should never have been put out live on air.

I feel quite strongly about UKIP and what they really stand for. I think the original UKIP has changed into something else.
More frightening and disruptive made possible by the economic situation we and the rest of the world have found us all in.
Strange how nothing was said about UKIP joining forces with the extreme right wing party in Poland, even though its for funding.

At least someone like Russell can speak up for those who have no voice. He has the capability to fight for the under dog.
When Russell says something the media picks it up. Like him or hate him he does a good job by getting his word out.
In my opinion The Question Time audience was made up of extremists on both sides and a few in the middle,  the guy in the front who attacked Russell and the lady with the blue hair who stood up at the back in favour of Russell.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZDeW1DpTY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZDeW1DpTY</a>

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »
Brand's heart is undoubtedly in the right place, unfortunately his mouth seems to occasionally be enjoying a holiday away from his brain and that's not to disagree with anything he has to say, more that, if he wishes to make a difference, he may wish to perhaps consider how he is perceived by those he has yet to win over.  It's great that someone in his position and with the platform he has, has chosen to stand up for the injustices he sees.

Conversely, one has to consider whether we should have to rely on Brand to highlight these issues?

This was the second known occasion of a UKIP audience 'plant' and along with the 27th appearance of Nigel Farage, one has to wonder what the Question Time producers are up to? 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter