Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Citizenfour available free on ThoughtMaybe.com  (Read 1608 times)

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Citizenfour available free on ThoughtMaybe.com
« on: March 02, 2015, 09:51:11 PM »
I was going to attempt to write post about Lordy Tony Hall's speech today, but then I saw that the Oscar winning documentary Citizenfour has been made available online, for free.  Watch it at the link below.  Hopefully Lordy Tone will watch it as it wasn't widely reported across the BBC at the time...

https://thoughtmaybe.com/citizenfour/

In January 2013, film-maker Laura Poitras received an encrypted e-mail from a stranger who called himself Citizen Four. In it, he offered her inside information about illegal wiretapping practices of the NSA and other intelligence agencies. Poitras had already been working for several years on a film about mass surveillance programs in the United States, and so in June 2013, she went to Hong Kong with her camera for the first meeting with the stranger, who identified himself as Edward Snowden. She was met there by investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald and The Guardian intelligence reporter Ewen MacAskill. Several other meetings followed. Citizenfour is based on the recordings from these meetings. What follows is the largest confirmations of mass surveillance using official documents themselves, the world has never seen

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Re: Citizenfour available free on ThoughtMaybe.com
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 08:38:08 PM »
I was going to attempt to write post about Lordy Tony Hall's speech today, but then I saw that the Oscar winning documentary Citizenfour has been made available online, for free.  Watch it at the link below.  Hopefully Lordy Tone will watch it as it wasn't widely reported across the BBC at the time...

https://thoughtmaybe.com/citizenfour/

In January 2013, film-maker Laura Poitras received an encrypted e-mail from a stranger who called himself Citizen Four. In it, he offered her inside information about illegal wiretapping practices of the NSA and other intelligence agencies. Poitras had already been working for several years on a film about mass surveillance programs in the United States, and so in June 2013, she went to Hong Kong with her camera for the first meeting with the stranger, who identified himself as Edward Snowden. She was met there by investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald and The Guardian intelligence reporter Ewen MacAskill. Several other meetings followed. Citizenfour is based on the recordings from these meetings. What follows is the largest confirmations of mass surveillance using official documents themselves, the world has never seen

Whoops!  I put the link up in good faith, unfortunately Thought Maybe didn't and it's now been removed, the naughty people..

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter