BBC 3CR Breakfast Show in BBC Local Radio Board - Page 1
Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic: BBC 3CR BBC 3CR Breakfast Show  (Read 11076 times)

SimbasOwner

• View Profile
BBC 3CR BBC 3CR Breakfast Show
« on: December 21, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »
BBC 3CR's Breakfast Show under Stephen Rhodes was absolutely dire. There were no callers or audience interaction what so ever
When he walked in order to stand for election I though things could only get better.
How wrong I was. His replacement Simon Lederman is even worse. He prattles on like a 4 year old on LSD without pausing for breath, always asking for callers, texts and emails and always with a null response.
Before these two "No Hopers" we had Roberto Perrone who had the audience eating out of the palm of his hand and appeared to have to beat off callers/texters & emailers with a stick.
It seems the whole of BBC Local Radio has gone to the dogs.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:45:22 PM by BBCRadioForum »

Lcoalradionut

• View Profile
Re: BBC 3CR Breakfast Show
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:26:26 AM »
His replacement Simon Lederman is even worse. He prattles on like a 4 year old on LSD without pausing for breath, always asking for callers, texts and emails and always with a null response.
Before these two "No Hopers" we had Roberto Perrone who had the audience eating out of the palm of his hand and appeared to have to beat off callers/texters & emailers with a stick.

If this is the same Simon Ledderman who is on BBC Radio London and (I think) LBC radio then I am genuinely surprised about this post.  Simon is an entertaining presenter and also an intelligent interviewer far above the usual local radio offering.  The programmes I have heard Simon present have been full of texts and emails and telephone calls, but hey maybe you were unlucky when you listened.  I didn't know he was on Three Counties Radio / 3 counties radio, I will try him out online.

Actually re-reading the OP, I wonder if you are actually Roberto, I;m not sure who RP is but he is the only person you don;t write off or rather unintelligently offend , or do you just happen to have another axe to grind : )

Such a shame that another forum where you sign up promising not to be abusive ends up being just the opposite.

Enjoy your radio listening!

BBCRadioForum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »
Such a shame that another forum where you sign up promising not to be abusive ends up being just the opposite.

Of course I have to agree, constructive criticism is encouraged but sometimes things can get our goats and these things do come out because we care about our radio stations.

SimbasOwner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »
I wonder if you are actually Roberto

No, Roberto Perrone is way past my bedtime. I work from 4am and listen in my van.
I sincerely feel that the Breakfast show has lost its way and has attracted little or no audience interaction.
Maybe it has something to do with less local news and current affairs being discussed and the current presenter wanting to witter on about the contents of the Daily Telegraph, page for page. The guy Simon Lederman replaced probably did not help and he did after all leave under a cloud...

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
No, Roberto Perrone is way past my bedtime. I work from 4am and listen in my van.
I sincerely feel that the Breakfast show has lost its way and has attracted little or no audience interaction.
Maybe it has something to do with less local news and current affairs being discussed and the current presenter wanting to witter on about the contents of the Daily Telegraph, page for page. The guy Simon Lederman replaced probably did not help and he did after all leave under a cloud...

Now not having ever heard Perrone I did a google and this was a presenter who won a Sony for his breakfast show in the same year that 3CR won one as a station over-all.  I'm guessing they were assuming Roberto had done the hardwork getting a decent breakfast show going and thought they could replace him and move him to get the figures up at Drive and no one would notice?

Will Mitchell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:20 PM »
Quote from: admin

Of course I have to agree, constructive criticism is encouraged but sometimes things can get our goats and these things do come out because we care about our radio stations.

Speaking with my programme controllers hat on, I am very aware of what my listeners want to hear as the directors will soon tell me if they were unhappy, its a shame that "those upstairs" dont share the same policy on the other hand Stephen Rhodes was getting a bit too big for his boots

Lcoalradionut

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:35:44 AM »
Heard Simon Lederman on drivetime on BBC London yesterday, and after reading the OP am now listening to 3CR breakfast online.  Radio London drive yesterday had some of the big news stories with calls, laughter and some fun stuff and texts etc and no music... 3CR breakfast show is local issues, wall to wall news but with a bit of music.  I guess he is doing different things at different radio stations in line with what he is told to.
3cr breakfast is intelligent news, mix of local and national, a bit like a local 'today' programme, but I think it is simply a different product from the one you want rather than a problem with the presenter, although I understand that presnter love and hate is subjective 

SOS

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »
I wrote to the managing editor of BBC 3CR to say just how dire the so called new look Breakfast Show is now with awful Lorna Milton (who was so popular and sucessful in the afternoons NOT!) and said I now no longer listen,guess what he said he thought she was fantastic,just shows how out of touch the BBC are!
The changes are not good and resulted in LESS music again infavour of pointless prattle,thry just do not get it!

Lcoalradionut

• View Profile
Re: BBC 3CR Breakfast Show - Audience figures
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »
3CR RAJAR figures released in Feb 2011.

Stephen Rhodes left part way through quarter 1 2010
Simon Ledderman started towards end of quarter 1 2010

(Simon Ledderman / Lorna Milton is not yet on RAJAR started quarter 1 2011)

Total 3CR radio station figures

(Oct/Nov/Dec 2009) 133,000
(Oct/Nov/Dec 2010) 178,000
                            Up 45,000 listeners to radio station

Total 3CR breakfast show figures
(Oct/Nov/Dec 2009)  63,000
(Oct/Nov/Dec 2010)  85,000
                             Up 22,000 listeners to programme

Total 3CR breakfast show share/hours
(Oct/Nov/Dec 2009)  4.2%
(Oct/Nov/Dec 2010)  5.8%
                             Up 1.6%

SOS

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 10:13:58 AM »
I did laugh when I heard on the Breakfast Show on BBC 3CR this morning,one of the pointless subjects was are you in the wrong job,how I managed not to text in I do not know as there was one person who came straight into my mind and has done since January 24th the one and only Lorna Milton its like a radio version of PlaySchool 6-9am on BBC 3CR.

Greg G.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
I did laugh when I heard on the Breakfast Show on BBC 3CR this morning,one of the pointless subjects was are you in the wrong job,how I managed not to text in I do not know as there was one person who came straight into my mind and has done since January 24th the one and only Lorna Milton its like a radio version of PlaySchool 6-9am on BBC 3CR.

Not only do I COMPLETELY agree with you about Lorna Milton,but the whole station  now under this new guy Brett something or other is dire  beyond words.
I've listened to 3CR since about 1995 ,and it WAS a great station.It went downhill for a while but never sankl to the pathetic depths that it has now.
From the content of the shows to the awful new jingle,the whole station is unlistenable.
Some bright spark decided to take a Sony award winning station ,and one that had recently shown a rise in figures,and totally change it .WHY?
 I like Simon Lederman and listened to him on BBC London  for  many years but Teamed with Lorna Milton the show is awful.She's been off all this week and the show just flows which is not the case when she's there.
JVS Show..  Charming man with a great sense of humour so what do they d?..The show is now  mostly humourless,and "the big phone in " is just a subject that starts on breakfast and is duscuysssed on every single programm  until after  drive time.The station subject of the day.
The consumer clinic was a great listen and almost like a soap opera.You tuned in to see what was happening on sucn and such a case.Now it's been given  only an hour and is without much humour and interaction with his team.That was all part of what was grerat before the change.

THE NEWS PROGRAMME AT NOON...WHo the hell came up with this rubbish? Who needs this..and the woman who oresents it has a dead voice.She is lifeless in her delivery.I can't stand her voice or the show..which is a news programme...FOLLOWED by THE NEWS? HUH?????

Next is Ronnie Barbour who along with  Catherine  Boyle and  Prioducer Neil  put out a quality show..just a damn shame that 3 CR has stuck it on at  13:00.
I  stuill can't believe they took the Other 9 on a saturday off the air and put some BBC Identikit  presenter .I don't even know the guys name and to ber honest it isn't worth knowing

Drive time With Perrone ..Can't stomach him and his ego so never  listened before this change so I don't care.
 They  took what wasn't broken and tampered with it.The station is just bloody awfuland the listeners just lie back and take it.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
Well Brett thingy is from 5Live and am I right in thinking they've done away with a lot of the daytime music content?  Has it gone more '5Live' do you think?

It is odd, as you say, to mess with a Gold Sony winner, that was under Mark Norman though and I'm not sure he is everyone's favourite either?

Greg G.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 11:16:58 AM »
Well Brett thingy is from 5Live and am I right in thinking they've done away with a lot of the daytime music content?  Has it gone more '5Live' do you think?

It is odd, as you say, to mess with a Gold Sony winner, that was under Mark Norman though and I'm not sure he is everyone's favourite either?

I knew where  Brett thingy  was from. Another useless  boy wonder who was dismissive of comments put to him in a letter. As for the music It seems that it has  has been cut back  on some shows but not others.Ronnie Barbour plays music in the afternoon ...but good music ..not  ther same 5 tracks that they seemed to alwys play.
On a Sunday,( I do work but checked out all the shows over the last couple of months) for example Ernie Almond has a show which consists of 1 Hours of gardening phone in.During that drastically cut back 1 hour,at least a quarter of it is music.You know ..either have a show about a subject and cut the music,or  just have a music show. I don't  get the whole thought process about interrupting converstaion of any kind so that we can hear Queesn.WTF is that about??
The station has lost it's way totally.there is no rhyme or reason to anything they've done.They'ver tampered with something that was proving successful.I don't like Lorna Milton but she had a good magazine type showe in the afternoon with interesting people ..even if she is anything but  interesting herself, ands talks like a nursury school teacher
Mark Norman along with MArk Thompson is probably my very least favourite person.Another one who does what HE  deems to be good and sod everyone else.
BBC 3CR WAS a distinctive station..great on aire personalities..NOW it's bland nothingness of the worst kind.I hope they realise that and start going back.... for their future.l

Greg G.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
His replacement Simon Lederman is even worse. He prattles on like a 4 year old on LSD without pausing for breath, always asking for callers, texts and emails and always with a null response.

If this is the same Simon Ledderman who is on BBC Radio London and (I think) LBC radio then I am genuinely surprised about this post.  Simon is an entertaining presenter and also an intelligent interviewer far above the usual local radio offering.  The programmes I have heard Simon present have been full of texts and emails and telephone calls, but hey maybe you were unlucky when you listened.  I didn't know he was on Three Counties Radio / 3 counties radio, I will try him out online.

Actually re-reading the OP, I wonder if you are actually Roberto, I;m not sure who RP is but he is the only person you don;t write off or rather unintelligently offend , or do you just happen to have another axe to grind : )

Enjoy your radio listening!

Trust me if you're not sure who Roberto Perrone  is,leave it that way.He  refers to himself as the Italian Stallion... for me any one who even jokingly calls themself that,is not worh a nano second of my time.Him and his ego are awful.
I agree that Simon Ledderman is very good.He' also works bloody hard.Has has to travel to Bedford to 3 CR early in the morning and if he is still on RAdio London, thats a journey down to MArylbone High Street
I don't listen to BBC London anymore but I thinhk he still is on there.I know sometimes he  does a spot on Robert Elms afternoon show. So the guy is a hard worker,a nice guy,and his show flows nicely when he's on solo.When he's with Lorna Milton it's a whole  different ball game and in my opinion, is awful...beyond awful in fact.

Ally the Footman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 12:15:09 AM »
Simon Lederman does a fantastic job. The bloke's a legend.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter