Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Profile: Tom Watson MP; team leader of the Awkward Squad  (Read 1280 times)

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Profile: Tom Watson MP; team leader of the Awkward Squad
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
An all too brief 15 minute profile of Mr. Watson, well worth a listen, never met him, he has a good taste in music and must have been to some pretty dark places in recent years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0171yjy

And then there's this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8884484/The-phone-hacking-saga-leaves-me-hacked-off-by-celebrities-hypocrisy.html piece which seems to an excuse for some person to take a pointless swipe at him.  That's all I'm going to say about it as I felt it was 5 minutes of my life I'm not going to get back.

That said, I make me 10 minute in credit.  Thank you Mr. Watson.

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Profile: Tom Watson MP; team leader of the Awkward Squad
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
If it were not for Tom Watson  and others ,we would all be in ignorance of how we have been invaded, and force fed personal and private information, in the name of news and journalism.

Good for him, and good for all those who stand up against it.

It seems Leveson, is now on the case, thank goodness.

Bring back, proper journalism. Pay those proper journalists well and respect them(especially important on BBC local radio)And , lets hope that freedom is still given to the press, they do need to expose corruption, and  double standards in public life and dishonesty. But that must not include acts of inhumanity and insensitivity and intrusion.

The words would be responsible journalism.

So I would also say, that the PR magnates such as Max Clifford..need to be phased out. They are the propagators.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter