Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic: BBC Kent Delivering Quality First Consultation - BBC Radio Kent  (Read 1420 times)

sandieanne

• View Profile
    • Email
BBC Kent Delivering Quality First Consultation - BBC Radio Kent
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »

I do hope that listeners to BBC Radio Kent (particularly those who regularly tune into the Roger Day Evening Show (via whatever radio station they listen)) will reply to the BBC Consultation before 21 December (which is the deadline).  There is only two weeks left and it would be absolutely devastating to see this excellent show replaced by some nationalised mundane rubbish. 

There is a link entitled "Save the Roger Day Evening Show" on Roger's facebook page for anyone wishing to do this.  Here you will also find the link to the BBC consultation.

It makes me very angry when 21,000 people have had nothing better to do than comment on what Jeremy Clarkson said on "The One Show" (which after all, was only a matter of speech), but when it comes to saving their favourite programmes or doing something worthwhile they cannot be bothered.

I have written to Mark Thompson, signed petitions, written to my local MP and filled in the BBC Consultation. 

I think when people have nothing better to do than complain about petty things they need to get a life.  Sorry, that's my opinion.

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Delivering Quality First Consultation - BBC Radio Kent
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »
I agree. It seems completely absurd that many ,many people bothered to complain actively to the Trust about Clarkson, but about a vital issue like saving BBC local radio and their right to have a local voice, they do not. I suppose that is because it has not been covered properly , not only on the stations but in areas of the media.

Roger Day's program will be axed if these proposals are not resisted in the consultation.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter