Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic: BBC London Danny Baker Show Axed As Part Of Delivering Quality First?  (Read 8707 times)

mel

• View Profile
BBC London Re: Danny Baker Show Axed As Part Of Delivering Quality First?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »
Some of the changes Mr Robey has made since November of last year has`nt been for the better. In fact for myself Radio London has lost a lot of its sparkle.

Starting with the axing of Danny Baker and the re-arranging of some of the presenters, then the introduction of ethnic shows at the weekend has made it uninteresting.

Even the Robert Elms show at lunch times has become more of a music show than the really interesting features he had before. He`s also playing music that seems to be part of a Radio London play list and not from his normal musical taste. Ive been a huge Robert Elms fan so it hurts me for saying that.

My radio at one time was glued to Radio London but now I dip into it through the day. Since January 7th last month (going National day) I now tend to forget to retune to Radio London in the morning and stick to L B C.

It pains me for saying this but Mr Robey has made some awful changes to Radio London, and if I think this way Im sure others think the same.

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Danny Baker Show Axed As Part Of Delivering Quality First?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »
Well, I do not want to get all conspiracy theorist, but this is one reason why BBC radio London is being scaled back, the same is true of other areas of the country, esp Birmingham, where the DQFproposals also took the axe to tv production in that city.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/04/lebedev-london-local-tv-licence

This is the pet project of Jeremy Hunt, yes, that would be the same Hunt who conducted the covert licence fee settlement with Mark Thompson. And the same Hunt who was a cheerleader for Murdoch.

Interesting to note that Michael Lyons bid failed for YourTV, oh ,he was the chairman of the BBC Trust at the time of the appauling fee settlement, which resulted in cutbacks to BBC local radio and indeed he was involved in the initiative to not let the BBC become more local. You can see the agendas now?

And of course , Murdoch is involved as per usual as Sky will be the platform.

Well, whats new? scheming, self interest, and dishonesty from those in public office...but BBC local radio must not be made to pay the price because it is the main rival to local commercial TV.

radiolad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Danny Baker Show Axed As Part Of Delivering Quality First?
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »
Rebranded to BBC Radio London today.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter