Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Wishing for a radio 4 extra library of programs  (Read 1441 times)

mel

• View Profile
Wishing for a radio 4 extra library of programs
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
I know Im asking for a miracle from the BBC and thats something Ive grown "Not" to expect from the corporation.
But I wished BBC Radio 4 Extra was able to keep its `out-put`  on the BBC I-Player for longer than one week.

A drama was aired on Radio 4 Extra about 6 weeks back, it was to go along with the "National Depression Week".
It was one of the best dramas Ive heard about Bipolar and written and produced with great sensitivity and knowledge.
It told the story of a young girl who was suffering with depression. It followed her life through school, hospitalisation and assessment.

I know Im asking a lot from the BBC but why cant important programs such as this be put into a Radio 4 Extra library of programs.
These programs could help and educate so many people. No other broadcaster has the ability to make these kind of programs.

I just wished there was some way to access these programs after the one week dead line is up. You never know, maybe one day my wish may come true.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Re: Wishing for a radio 4 extra library of programs
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
Hi Mel, you may be interested in this article, although all seems to be a work in progress http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jan/06/bbc-digital-public-space-archive

Until then, I can recommend a PC program called Radio Downloader available, free, here http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/tools/radiodld/

Once downloaded, you can select the BBC Radio option and then search for the programme amongst all those currently available on the iPlayer and download it as an mp3.  Of course it doesn't help if you've completely missed out on the week that a programme is available but it does mean you can download them and keep for later listening if you want.

Hope this is of some use.

mel

• View Profile
Re: Wishing for a radio 4 extra library of programs
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:03:28 AM »
Thanks Darcy for those two links. Your so helpful.

The Guardian article is really interesting and the Radio Downloader should come in handy.

Radio 4 Extra is an extremely good station.

For myself not being around when most (if not all) of the comedies they broadcast first went on air its good to hear them this time round.

The classic comedy shows they broadcast are so funny and shows how wonderful the BBC can be if they try.

Thank you once again.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter