BBC local radio goes national, The Mark Forrest Show from 7pm. in BBC Local Radio Board - Page 9
Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  BBC local radio goes national, The Mark Forrest Show from 7pm.  (Read 35507 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: BBC local radio goes national, The Mark Forrest Show from 7pm.
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
Dear Rita and Paul,

We are facing a huge battle here, and there is no other way of describing a management who is happy to manage decline and only serving their own personal pockets and the BBC Trust who is incompetant beyond words...that leaves the listener and the staff in a very difficult place.

One thing that you can do v quickly is please express your concern on the BBC complaints line and I know it is not easy but encourage others to do so too. So Rita complain here about the bank hol schedule.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Also please see my thread about the reply from the BBC Trust today. Any comment will be valued.

BUT, I understand if you feel like giving up on BBCLR, I am struggling as well.

JuliaAllen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
BUT, I understand if you feel like giving up on BBCLR, I am struggling as well.

Keep your spirits up Tiger, Rita et al we can't let them beat us....after all we pay their salaries.  It has occurred to us, the Save Roger Team, that the contract for the Mark Forrest show was awarded on 17 September last year, does anyone on the board know how long the contract was awarded for, we think that it was a year.  So if that is the case, come mid September what delights are they going to present us with?

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
Just to clarify, I am not giving up.

However, it has been very depressing to witness huge failure not only of the BBC Trust, but also those in influential positions in the BBC , THEY SHOULD have protected frontline journalism and BBC local radio and they failed and that failure is infective and toxic. At the end of the day it will have to be up to the public and the staff of the BBC to save it from the Trust, who through devastating laziness and lack of care have let down the public, and a management that only cares about the preservation of itself and not about public service broadcasting. The dishonesty and wilful neglect of duty has been truly shocking and breathtaking and something that will have damaged the BBC almost beyond help.

Ok had to get that out of my system, and I will try not to repeat it.

I do want to try and help save the BBC and I am sure that I am not alone, but it is going to be difficult and it will take a public that cares to put things right. So a positive campaign is what is needed, the petition is still attracting consultation, we need to reply to the Trust's appalling letter regarding BBCLR and we need to deal with the transparancy of public contact about cuts being made to BBCLR and the dishonesty of disclosure. Those are the 3 things that I am dealing with at the moment.

Please everyone reading this who cares about local broadcasting, contribute to this thread and this Forum, or write to your MP and express your concerns or write to your local paper, or just talk to people in your community and urge them to act to protect BBC local radio. Basically if you or your children ever have a problem in your community that needs to be addressed and will get coverage and those in power being held to account for you it will only happen on BBCLR do not lose that important part of democracy without at least putting up a fight.

JY

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »
Any news if this dire bland and boring show and presenter has been dropped yet. This has not worked period the BBC know it and all media experts. Once again its BBC management on a local and national level in radio who are out of touch. I think if they give this trash another contract the listener backlash will be huge.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter