Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Repeats - again  (Read 1015 times)

rogertb

• View Profile
    • Email
Repeats - again
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:28:46 AM »
The repeats on R4+ are really irritating ... not only the long term (ie programmes repeated every few months) but the productions repeated within hours of their first transmission eg Paul Temple broadcast at 20:00 on Tuesday evening and then again at 01:00 Wednesday ... don't the schedulers realise that some people listen throughout the night - I get to the point where I turn off in the early hours because I'm only listening again to the stuff I listened to the previous evening. There must be a better way of scheduling the limited number of programmes in a less irritating way . I used the BBC complaints procedure and just received platitudinous replies along the lines of "... you are a rare listener who sticks with us for more than a few hours..." and "... surveys suggest that the majority of listeners like repeats so they can catch up with programmes they missed..." (haven't they heard of iPlayer)?

Roger

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter