Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Lost count- how many repeats? Ive turned over..  (Read 1590 times)

gary

• View Profile
    • Email
Lost count- how many repeats? Ive turned over..
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »
How many times has 'at home with the snails, and 'the gibson' been on? Ive lost count, and Im fed up with these everlasting repeats. Especially in the 7th Dimesion, which I had thought to be a bit of a flagship section initially. Now its just repeat after repeat.

Why is NO effort being put into finding original material now? There are so many  brilliant authors, Do you want me to read some Iain. M. Banks out for you, or some Alastair Reynolds? id do it  for nothing they are so good.

So whats your excuse for this lazy attitude R4X? why cant  you be bothered any more?

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Lost count- how many repeats? Ive turned over..
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum,

I agree with you, the BBC is supposed to educate, inform and entertain in a distinctive way.

It surely should not take much for that to happen on R4X, just a few creatives realising that  it would not cost that much to put together valuable archive, with readings etc, But , the problem is that they do not really bother to ask the listeners what they should provide. Until they do that, there will be a few suits in charge churning out repeats, cozying up to a few tired stars and not being brave enough to do anything that is not seen as some populist safe default! The same has to be said of some of the comedy output on Radio 4.

The brilliance is there, with the News Quiz, The Now Show, and the classics, but some of the new stuff is cringeworthy and can not hold a candel to such things as Claire in The Community and Ed Reardon.

Bad choices by a questionable management, that fails to be brave?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter