The BBC Needs More Managers And People In Top Jobs in The News Where You Are - Page 1
Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  The BBC Needs More Managers And People In Top Jobs  (Read 1004 times)

mel

• View Profile
The BBC Needs More Managers And People In Top Jobs
« on: February 17, 2013, 02:22:33 AM »
How many more managers does the BBC need ?
This is getting out of hand. When are they going to stop spending our money.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/15/bbt-tv-radio-top-jobs?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Quote The Guardian: The BBC will formally advertise for directors of TV and news next weekend,
as incoming director general Lord Hall continues to assemble his senior executive team
. : End Quote

By now there should be enough managers and directors within the BBC who could share responsibilities.
In these economic times the BBC should be made to make cut backs where it matters within its offices.

Its time for a huge shake-up at the Beeb in favour of the licence payer who pay for those at the top to enjoy a lavish life style.

Rita

• View Profile
Re: The BBC Needs More Managers And People In Top Jobs
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
I agree completely with your sentiments Mel.  To my mind there is far too many "chiefs" and not enough "indians" and the "chiefs" are not doing a very good job - and are being paid obscene amounts of money that we the listeners are paying for. It is an insult too far to hear that Lord Hall is now going to advertise for "directors of TV and news next weekend, as incoming Director General Lord Hall continues to assemble his Senior Executive Team" - this, at the expense of the "indians", some of whom do a brilliant job on local radio to bring us the news, including local news as it happens and also not forgetting popular presenters who bring us the entertainment via music and all the rest.
I ask again what is the BBC Trust doing about this - it is there to protect our interests supposedly - and that is a joke!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter