Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  The Reunion: Hutton  (Read 11203 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: The Reunion: Hutton
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 09:28:16 PM »
And this being the 10th Anniversary of Gilligans broadcast, it aptly marks the moment which lead to the BBC losing something...

The Iraq War BBC2

The big boys were there with their explanations and their guns and their justifications in a BBC broadcast. Horrible to see Alistair Campbell lining up in "the give me air time trough!"This is a man who treated the evidence for war, like an article for a tabloid newspaper. My disgust for him can only be expressed by the grief that he created. And he is a coward as well, and refused to take part in a live discussion re the Hutton reunion, and I can even say myself that when he was busy promoting his last diary on BBC local radio stations he refused to engage with his part in the PR campaign for the Iraq war and indeed his deep responsibility for the death of David Kelly. Campbell will discuss anything else he is your man on media matters, apparently??

Yet the BBC still gives this man air time?

Again, I have to say it was the absence of the voices that mattered that so far mark this program. Where were Robin Cook's words? Claire Short? And most importantly where the hell is the flipping Chilcott voice. The public paid for Chilcott to provide sound honest answers based on the trust that the public have had to give to the years that he is spending on this, not to mention the public funds?

I have no clue why journalists are not asking why Chilcott has nodded off over this?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:30:22 PM by Tiger »

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
To be fair to Blair, he did, in his forked-tongued way, say he wished he hadn't lied and deceived so there wouldn't have been all the fuss about him deceiving and lying...

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 05:49:34 PM »
Here's a bit of dear ole Tone, telling us what's important, making things clear, shining a light for us thickies, goodness knows what we'd do without his like.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
Here's a bit of dear ole Tone, telling us what's important, making things clear, shining a light for us thickies, goodness knows what we'd do without his like.

Oh silly me, of course, we'd do democracy.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »
Just thought I'd check this thread given current events just in case I was mistaken - but no, Campbell didn't turn up.

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 07:09:55 PM »
No, Campbell did not turn up?

There is NO doubt his role was pivotal.

Hmmm heard him on 5Live today on Bacon's show.

He called Paul Dacre out for being "a bully and a coward" soooo so many times!

(Yes, sure the newspaper barons have to be held to account, esp Dacre and it is wrong that he went beyond a level of decency with Ralph Milliband, but hey! Campbell was in power(non elected!) when the parents of Madeliene McCann were being accused of killing their daughter, did he speak out??)

If anyone, perhaps wants to know why Campbell has gone balistic, it is not for alturistic reasons, it is because the Mail printed this piece about him last week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2432692/Alastair-Campbells-sins-make-Damian-McBride-look-saintly-Blairs-Ex-spin-doctor-treated-reverence.html

I would describe Alaistair Campbell as a bully and a coward of the first order.

He could not even bear to be on the Reunion about Hutton.

I have no idea why the BBC is using him as a voice, after that, it is quite disturbing and if they are going to use him. perhaps qusetion him a bit more( note to Richard Bacon who was passive throughout Campbell's rant this afternoon!)

Darcy , perhaps you can put up the clips including Newsnight ?

If only someone with some integrity would speak out about Dacre, that might be good for democracy, Campbell is certainly not the man.

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »
Campbell did turn up for the Chilcott hearing as did Blair and Brown.

Anyone know why Chilcott is taking so long??

Of course David Kelly was unable to attend, because he killed himself. And so many other people have died because of Blair and Campbell, they also could not be present.

Is Chilcott actually still alive?

The public pays for this stuff and it deserves far better than this delay with no questions asked??

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »

Darcy , perhaps you can put up the clips including Newsnight ?

Here it is Tiger, worth noting too his extensive use of the term 'decent' people, almost giving the 'hardworking' people a run for their money!

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
Well at the end of a particularly trying day it's somehow reassuring to see that Alastair is resorting to attention seeking playground tactics in his latest quest to hold Dacre to account through the medium of tweeted football chants.

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 11:21:59 PM »
I do not think that it is an unreasonable request to ask the BBC to hold Campbell to account?

I mean before they actually entertain him in holding the press to account?

And are the BBC going to ask any questions about why Chilcott has not reported? There has been a huge amount of public money spent on his Inquiry, also I have to say the BBC covered most of the hearings for the licence fee payer and they are not questioning why there is such a delay? That is not good, considering the need for answers, which actually could guide a future policy with Syria and huge issues in the middle east.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »
It's taken a while but the news channels are finally getting their captioning right for Blair.

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »
It is shocking that the Chilcot Report is still unpublished and there is to be another delay. Why? because those involved are too scared to be accountable, having caused many deaths(among them David Kelly) and they want to keep making a lot of money for themselves on their rather tatty reputations.

This inclination to whitewash and cover up by those in power for those in power is becoming very corrosive and threatening public trust and belief in politics. We also have seen this mentality with the Pollard review into Savile and the BBC. The public deserve much better and tolerance is running out.

Please read this article published on Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2614130/MARK-ALMOND-Blairs-war-reek-whitewash-Britains-corroded-trust-politicians-never-recover.html

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 11:48:53 PM »
Just bumping this thread, in light of recent comment by Tony Blair and press coverage of AC and his PR campaigns.

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »
Great to hear this week's Any Questions audience overwhelmingly getting the gist of recent developments...

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter