Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  7 Day Saturday (11am) Al Murray looks at the news!  (Read 1160 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
7 Day Saturday (11am) Al Murray looks at the news!
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »
The pub landlord or the Oxford graduate(relation to William Makepeace Thackery) or the  person still fighting WW2 all the same person Al Murray says that he is going to take on the News with a sideways approach, apparently no opinions are allowed and possibly no satire?

Anyone with the Radio Times can read his interview with Stephen Armstrong.

Lets see what he does? personally speaking If opinion and satire are excluded, not sure what that leaves? And an hour is a long time to fill with uncertaintity.

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: 7 Day Saturday (11am) Al Murray looks at the news!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:58:59 PM »
This from the Guardian.

"Bring on standup comedy in which no meaningful opinions are expressed whatsoever! That's the rallying call issued this week by Al Murray, who has told a newspaper that comedians should never express political views. "I have never run my colours up any particular mast and I wouldn't," he said. "Comics have got to find it all ridiculous and send all of it up. The minute you take sides you are not doing that. You put one lead boot on and you will no longer be able to prick everybody. We are supposed to be mischievous and think they are all ghastly." Murray was talking to promote his Radio 5 Live topical comedy show 7 Day Saturday, of which he said: "If someone expresses a point of view, I say, no opinions allowed on this show." Sounds like thrilling radio."

Hmmm, perhaps comedy runs a bit deeper than finding it ALL ridiculous?

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Day Saturday (11am) Al Murray looks at the news!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »
This from the Guardian.

"Bring on standup comedy in which no meaningful opinions are expressed whatsoever! That's the rallying call issued this week by Al Murray, who has told a newspaper that comedians should never express political views. "I have never run my colours up any particular mast and I wouldn't," he said. "Comics have got to find it all ridiculous and send all of it up. The minute you take sides you are not doing that. You put one lead boot on and you will no longer be able to prick everybody. We are supposed to be mischievous and think they are all ghastly." Murray was talking to promote his Radio 5 Live topical comedy show 7 Day Saturday, of which he said: "If someone expresses a point of view, I say, no opinions allowed on this show." Sounds like thrilling radio."

Hmmm, perhaps comedy runs a bit deeper than finding it ALL ridiculous?

Sorry is this the same Al Murray who does the Pub Landlord?  Surely a UKIP poster boy!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter