Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Radio 4 Extra Launches Today  (Read 3759 times)

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Radio 4 Extra Launches Today
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »
To celebrate I'm wearing my shipping forecast t-shirt... well doesn't everyone have one?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/apr/01/radio-4-extra-launch

What's your dream schedule?

andy

• View Profile
Re: Radio 4 Extra Launches Today
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
my dream schedule would not include dessert island discs ambridge extra or anything from radio 4 that was not allready on radio 7 i was against the change as there was no need for it.
just because radio 7 shows are playing now doesnt mean they will be in 6 to 12 months i expect it to be more radio 4+1 than radio 7 with a new name as radio 4 listeners  out number radio 7 ones and in most forums i have read its the radio 4 listeners who are showing a lack of interest in 7 comedy so that will be the first to go. tried listening to sat/sun and half the programes had a technicall fault so no thumbs up from me

vhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 10:57:13 PM »
as far as I'm concerned. Radio 4 extra is dreadful, the BBC took a perfectly good radio station, namely radio seven and turned it into an abortion; the really good thing about radio seven was that it ran through the night without any music or anything really, really boring. didThey ask us if we want dreary reprograms about the archers, or even more dreary repeats of the dreary desert island discs? No they didn't, it's just another example of the usual BBC arrogance. Now I have to listen to an audio book through the night instead of having my beloved radio seven. I'd love to get my hands on the idiot who decided to muck about with my beloved rude radio seven, he or she should be shot.

vhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
same as  radio7, but with repeats of desert island discs  and NO    music. they've gone and ruined radio7, which was fine. if I want drivel I will listen to radio4or the pop stations, keep it dramatic and genuinely  funny, NO music AT  ALL.

Joe K

• View Profile
    • Radio Feedback
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
The thing that confuses me about the trailers for 4 Extra is that they speak of shows, like 'Dad's Army', which have only been on television, as far as I know, so that I wonder if 4 Extra isn't actually a digital TV channel. I'm fairly sure it isn't, though, which means that they are broadcasting TV shows with an important element missing. I suppose they're going for stuff where the audio aspect is vital, instead of, say, 'Mr Bean', but it's still an odd strategy...

mel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »
The thing that confuses me about the trailers for 4 Extra is that they speak of shows, like 'Dad's Army', which have only been on television, as far as I know, so that I wonder if 4 Extra isn't actually a digital TV channel. I'm fairly sure it isn't, though, which means that they are broadcasting TV shows with an important element missing. I suppose they're going for stuff where the audio aspect is vital, instead of, say, 'Mr Bean', but it's still an odd strategy...

I sometimes listen to Radio 4 Extra. (Only the comedy programs).
I noticed before "Dads Army" they anounce its the show they made for radio. This goes for "Steptow & Son".
Its a shame they only broadcast a small amount of comedy on Radio 4 Extra and too much classic drama`s.
It tends to be a little boring sometimes enough to make me re-tune to another station.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter