Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Privacy Under Pressure  (Read 765 times)

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
Privacy Under Pressure
« on: July 15, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »
If you think you know what the likes of Facebook and Google do with the data they collect - specifically the data about You my friend - you may like to think again.

This is a must listen, even Steve Hewlett was visibly - or perhaps that should be audibly amazed/concerned - so much so that look below, he's turned into a catalogue model...

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:58:15 PM by BBCRadioForum »

mel

• View Profile
Re: Privacy Under Pressure
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 09:00:13 AM »
Hi Darcy, on the internet there is no privacy. 
Each and everything we say and do is logged and stored. Every web-site we visit and everything we buy on-line is registered.
Every computer or device has a unique number, so together with your IP address they know exactly who we are and where we live.

Facebook stores our photos and uses face recognition. They know who our friends and family are, where we go and who we see.
Google reads our e-mails, they know what we say, do and with who. All this information is used in some way now or in the future.

It could be for something as simple as marketing or something more sinister, in my view its for something much more sinister.
But myself and others still post our photos on Facebook, tell the world where we`ve been, who with and much, much more.
On Facebook we bare our souls and tell the world our inner feelings and thoughts and not think twice about it.

Maybe in future I should think twice about posting on Facebook, sending E-Mails and posting here. Am I turning paranoid,,, Yes.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter