Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Welcome To The BBC Radio Forum  (Read 6703 times)

BBCRadioForum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Welcome To The BBC Radio Forum
« on: April 07, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »
Welcome to this forum dedicated to listeners and for listeners dedicated to BBC Radio.

Presenters who make you listen, rather than just hear are the key to successful programmes So said Gillian Reynolds and I'm not going to argue with her.

This is a place to celebrate the things that are in our ears, that make us smile, or make us move or move us.  Feel free to join in and share your listening pleasures.

There is no dedicated forum for Radio 1, 2  5 Live etc.  The local radio messageboards closed down some time ago and the official BBC message boards for Radio 4 have now closed at the introduction of Radio 4.

The Admin on this forum recognise that BBC radio is of considerable value in all it's guises, and believe that listeners too should be valued.  We welcome any refugees from old message boards and anyone who happens to stumble across us.  There are possible changes to come with the recent licence fee settlement and the threat of cuts across the BBC and feedback is important.  We believe the BBC and the BBC Trust should get their ears out and where appropriate, listen to the listeners.

This forum will remain as a voice for BBC local radio as its main aim. It is non profit making and wants to represent the listener in a safe non-toxic atmosphere.

R4 addict

• View Profile
The BBC Radio Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
I'm not sure if I am in the right place here. I joined hoping it was a BBC forum but there appears to be no one here.
Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

BBCRadioForum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Welcome To The BBC Radio Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »
Welcome to the Forum ,Radio 4 Addict.

This forum is an independent non profit making site. We provide an opportunity for listeners to comment about the radio that they consume, hopefully in a non toxic atmosphere. There are no longer any dedicated BBC message boards.

Any comments that you make may invite debate and will be published via Twitter etc.

BBCRadioForum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:43:46 PM »
I have to report that two users of this forum are no longer with us.

When this Forum was established it meant what it said about trying to establish a non toxic atmosphere,  and had also hoped that freedom of expression would be embraced without undermining tactics and abuse.

I hope that the damage to this forum will be repaired now.

Meerkat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
Well done. We were getting to the stage where there was some lively debate on this forum. And that would never do.  ;)

BBCRadioForum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
Well done. We were getting to the stage where there was some lively debate on this forum. And that would never do.  ;)

Welcome to the forum Meerkat, lively debate is appreciated, abusive comments are not.

We note the timing of your arrival on the forum, and would draw your attention to the many boards on offer , including the child board.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter