Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  "Trails"  (Read 4618 times)

Rita

• View Profile
"Trails"
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:28:16 PM »
I would love to know what are people's opinions about the "trailing" of shows on local radio?  Personally they are an irritation; there is usually no change in the shows that are on in the daytime on Radio Merseyside, yet we are constantly bombarded by "trails" more than twice in an hour of the same programmes and the same presenters. I'm sure that the listeners are well aware of what is going on and who is "on air" at what time and what day and we don't need to be reminded on a regular basis.  One of the "trails" last week was suggesting that an evening programme was so popular that they related it to the birth of the young prince, with all the cheering crowds outside the palace! - I really couldn't believe it.
However, what concerns me most is, if we must have them, why the weekend programmes are not treated in the same way as the weekday ones.  They hardly get a mention - indeed there is one particular presenter who is not "trailed" at all, so it seems as if there is nothing going on between the hours of 1.00 p.m. and 4.00 p.m. on Sundays (unless of course football is taking place, and of course, that's a different matter altogether!  My view is that EVERY PRESENTER, whether they have been at the station a long time, or only a short time, should be treated the same.  Sadly that does not seem to be the case - and the ones that have given excellent service (and still do) and have been there for quite some years are ignored.  For instance, the Breakfast show on a Saturday morning and a show called "Sunday Brunch" have now got trails, but not some of the others AND believe me, the shows that are hardly ever mentioned have got excellent presenters and they are CLASS shows.  Perhaps some of the people who are regular contributors to this Forum would care to listen to the show on a Saturday from 12 noon until 2.00 p.m. presented by Roger Lyon and a show on Sunday from 1.00 - 4.00 p.m. presented by Frankie Connor.  Also the "Weekend In" with Billy Maher on a Saturday evening 10.00 p.m. - 1.00 a.m. and Sundays 10.00 p.m. - 12 midnight so that you would understand what I am saying.  To me, this is very definitely discrimination and it should not be happening on local radio!  End of rant!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter