Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  FOI - Best New BBC Comedy  (Read 1002 times)

darcysarto

• Viva Happiness
    • View Profile
FOI - Best New BBC Comedy
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:49:28 PM »
With Feedback's Comedy Special coming live from the Fringe this week, I can't help wondering if the Corporation doesn't need to look inside itself for comedic inspiration.

The Freedom of Information department for example must have bloody good chuckle to itself somedays. Bill Rogers on his blog likes to keep up with whats going on over on www.whatdotheyknow.com so it's a hat-tip to him for this one.

Ah, the Kafka-esque world of the BBC and Freedom of Information legislation.

In summary, bloke writes to ask for all recorded communications between the BBC and GCHQ. BBC writes back, nicely, that it's too big a task for the rules - could he narrow it to a part of the BBC ?

Bloke tries a different tack: can he please have any recorded communications between BBC and GCHQ this calendar year ?

BBC gets a little snotty: as the factor which causes your original request to be over the appropriate limit is the size of the search we would have to carry out on the basis of location within the BBC, and not the timescale of the information, this narrowing does not reduce the handling of your request to below the appropriate limit.

Fair enough, thinks our bloke, and writes back for the complete list of every BBC department that The Information Policy & Compliance Team deem separate, so I can make an informed request that'll burden your department less and would fall within the FOI budget for single requests.

And the BBC plays what it clearly thinks is checkmate: The BBC does not maintain such a detailed list. You will appreciate that due to the size of the organisation and its nature, it changes regularly and such a list would become outdated quickly.

Hard to believe that the BBC doesn't pay people via a code for the department they're working in. Maybe salaries don't reach the Information, Policy and Compliance team that way.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/communcation_between_bbc_and_gch#outgoing-294575

For my part I can't help feel sorry for all the Director Generals, having to deliver all those BBC wide emails by hand after every latest management disaster...

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: FOI - Best New BBC Comedy
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
There were high hopes for this production at the Fringe.

https://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/theatre/making-news

I really hope that no one gives up, despite mixed reviews. This was so absurd in real life anyway there should not need to be too many rewrites to make it a side splitter. Or maybe just have a documentary team go in to BH for a week?

BUT it is crying out to be made into a play/sitcom etc..or again just watch the reruns of recent Committee hearings/ press conferences/.....etc

Phil Jupitus possibly needs to get a longer nose, and the trouser pockets are way too small!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter