Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Dan and Phil, amazing and on fire!  (Read 2347 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Dan and Phil, amazing and on fire!
« on: October 11, 2013, 10:26:59 PM »
I am not in the demographic for Radio 1, but my young ones are. We all loved Chris Moyles , and they actually groan when Grimshaw is on, but entertain Scott Mills, who would have been a brilliant choice for breakfast. They genuinely do not engage with Grimshaw.

However, I have to say that there is huge optimism now for Radio 1. My sons and their friends are totally engaged with Phil and Dan. The BBC can leave out all the rubbish about" playlister" and Radio 1 having its own video channel, and having to be on tablets and hearing again and again "yawnsville" tales of Grim with celebs.

No, all it takes is actual talent from two young men who are actually talented, very funny and able to just be engaging. The very best thing that Radio 1 could do is to give them the breakfast show, when they are ready to take it. They are already stars on youtube, with all the stuff that actually matters to the audience.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01971l5

And if you are suffering from a bit of Autumn flu Just a taste here of Dan on Youtube. So true!(helps if you have a teenage son sneezing all over the place!)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter