Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Is It a Clanger to spend over 5 million pounds on the Clangers  (Read 907 times)

mel

• View Profile
Im sorry to say but I get a little anoid these days when I hear the BBC spending huge amounts of cash.
Reported today they are to spend over 5 million pounds on a new TV series of the Clangers which will air on the Cbeebies tv channel.
I understand they will be able to sell the new series to other tv services around the world but will it return a good enough profit.

Why dont they just re-run the old series to children, Im sure the children (under 5 year olds) would`nt care.
I would love to know why and how these programs are commissioned. . . is it just knowing the right people ?.

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Is It a Clanger to spend over 5 million pounds on the Clangers
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »
I agree with you Mel.

I guess some BBC suits live on the same planet as the Clangers...

And much as we might be fond of the little whistling knitted creatures(not the BBC suits!) it is hardly quality..or educational..

You make an excellent point about repeating quality stuff from the past..the under 5 demographic won't mind, and their parents will be spared all that metalic crooning and prob what will become the new must have toy craze.

If they do go ahead , Salford , would be ideal place to film it, no need to go out to space to find another planet..

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter