Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Dreadful signal  (Read 2258 times)

Stan

• View Profile
Dreadful signal
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:30:57 AM »
Hello all.

I am looking for advice, as I have moved from an area where the 5 Live signal was crystal clear to an area where it is pretty poor, and almost non-existent if it rains.

I am constantly flipping between the 909, 693 and 990 frequencies, and usually have to give up until I can get to a computer.

Is there a way to boost the am signal when I'm at home, as I really don't want to have the computer on all the time, just to listen to the radio?

Thank you for any forthcoming help..   :)

mel

• View Profile
Re: Dreadful signal
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:28:53 AM »
Hi Stan and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried a DAB radio. They are really very good and your`ll be surprised at the audio quality.

I live in Essex and Im able to listen to lots of London stations which on normal FM im not able to.

Why not take a look in your local store for a DAB radio,  Im sure your`ll find what your looking for. Good luck...

Stan

• View Profile
Re: Dreadful signal
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:21:55 PM »
Hello mel, and thanks for your reply.
I already own a digital radio, but the signal where I am is even worse than trying to listen to medium wave! Since moving, just over a year ago, I haven't been able to enjoy DAB...and I'm really missing it!
So I was hoping there might be a booster device of some sort than can be plugged into a regular radio.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter