Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  Ken Bruce and Steve Wright  (Read 2508 times)

Bazooka

• View Profile
Ken Bruce and Steve Wright
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:16:41 PM »
It must be time for Ken Bruce and Steve Wright to move on. Both of their shows are tired and require an update; even Richard Madely is preferable to Steve Wright.

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Ken Bruce and Steve Wright
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »
This is an interesting topic, thankyou for posting and welcome to the forum.

I think that you may have a point.

I understood that a few years ago that Ken Bruce was likely to be replaced by Lisa Tarbuck. That would have been refreshing, but nothing changed.

I agree the station needs refreshing it needs to reflect the demographic that has been banned from Radio 1 as well!

Rita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »
Hello Bazooka,
Yes I agree with you.  When I have listened to Richard Madeley "standing in" for Chris Evans on his Breakfast Show, I have really enjoyed it - he played some really good music - but lately they seem to put Zoe Ball and others on instead, which is a shame I feel.
Richard "stood in" for Matthew Wright on the "Wright Stuff" on Channel 5 television for about 3 weeks recently and he really comes across as an intelligent and interesting host and knows how to put things across - which is not surprising really given his experience.  He is really very pleasant as well and I see no reason not to use him more.

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:43:38 PM »
I agree Rita, I heard Richard M covering, and was not sure, but it was original and he had my ears.

There needs to be something more interesting in the daytime output of Radio 2. Change is needed. It is long overdue? (Although I have to say that Steve W is a national treasure)

2fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »
You must be joking, just the thought of replacing Ken or Steve with the likes of Richard Madeley who is is own number one fan,defies belief. I am at present listening to Claudia Winkleman (Kens holiday stand in) racing her way through the Morning Show. During the Popmaster quiz she appears to be late for a train,rushing through questions and even butting in during the 5 second countdown. The Beeb seem to struggling for talented presenters to follow in the footsteps of class acts  like  Ken Bruce and Steve Wright. Apparently that smug suit mannequin Dermot from that dreadful talent (??) show is launching into radio !! Doomed I say Doomed. !!!

Rita

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
Well Richard Madeley is 100 per cent better than Zoe Ball standing in for Chris Evans.  She is so excitable and speaks so fast it ceases to be enjoyable.  Liking oneself is nothing to do with anything it is the quality of the contents of the show that counts every time for me!

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
The audience figures don't bear this out. Radio Two has just posted record listening figures and a market share close to its highest ever. Last year, it was reported that all of the daytime programmes (including Bruce and Wright) had reported record audiences. Ken Bruce's contract runs until 2016, but I don't know about Steve Wright.

JY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »
Ken Bruce and Steve Wright are the reason why BBC Radio 2 is so popular I love there shows. They will be going no where.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter