Username:  Password: 
Login with Social Media Follow BBCRadioForum on Twitter

Author Topic:  RIP Steve Evans , Richard Bacon pays tribute today at 3pm.  (Read 1666 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
RIP Steve Evans , Richard Bacon pays tribute today at 3pm.
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »
To those who have been listening to Richard's conversations with Steve Evans over the last few months will be sad to hear that he passed away last night. His last few months have been shared and they have been a very honest and shared journey. Richard will be paying tribute today at 3pm.

This is his last interview on Tuesday, and the strong spirit is still there although the voice is fading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01pwhnx

Regular Richard Bacon contributor Steve Evans from Wolverhampton, who has terminal stomach cancer, spoke to Richard about entering his "final phase".

Steve, who was at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton, said love is all around and I am so blessed that I have had so much of it around me.

Steve Evans first featured on the programme in April 2013, and has been on seven times since.

UPDATE: Steve's family have announced that he passed away in the early hours of Thursday 16 January

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nmjq0

Tiger

• View Profile
Re: RIP Steve Evans , Richard Bacon pays tribute today at 3pm.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 12:04:59 AM »
This was a remarkable tribute program. It was something that shows the intimacy of Radio. The first time I heard Steve talking to Richard in the Spring, I was unsure  and uneasy that I could listen, to the details of a final journey, but as soon as I heard his words and the way that he was talking I knew that this was going to be positive and it was, and whenever Steve appeared it was another listener describing what was happening to him, as the rest of us went about our school runs and work etc. He was so honest about his final journey and about what you can do to explain that(no one ever does really?) and how the human spirit survives, against all the odds.

There are people close to Steve on this tribute, his daughter, his friend, his oncologist, Richard, and his listeners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ph7wy

The tributes begin at 3pm

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter